Other fun things of the past 365 days:
- Daddy's favorite baseball player last year was Ike Davis, because he had the same name, wore number 29 (which was how old daddy was when you were born) and his rookie year was also yours.
- We did not go bankrupt.
- Mommy and Daddy are now both old salts with vomit, spit-up (not the same as vomit), snot, saliva, and poop.
- You were born one day before the Haiti earthquake, meaning that some of your birthday thunder will be stolen by the "It's been X years since..." stories. Sorry. We wanted you born on the 4th. So really, it's your fault, if you think about it...
- Daddy likes to pass the buck and the stinky baby.
- Mommy doesn't play that.
- On your first birthday, as daddy was getting ready to go to work (during Ni Hao, Kailan), you made a huge fuss, ran over to daddy, gave him a big goodbye hug, then headed over to finish your show in mommy's lap. Daddy smiled all the way to the train platform.
- Mommy and Daddy are tired, broke, unable to find the initiative to clean the apartment, kind of smelly, and very happy.